The Best Choice to Serve as Your Next HCTA President
- Dedicated 20 Year Teacher and Union Member Who Understands the Issues
- Experienced HCTA Board Member Who Engages the Membership and Promotes Unity
- Servant Leader Who Listens to Members, Rolls Up Her Sleeves, and Gets the Job Done
- Communicates with Diplomacy But Takes Bold Action to Stand Up for the HCTA
- Strengthen HCTA by fostering a member-driven culture that lifts our voices and increases our power as education professionals.
- Improve the frequency and clarity of communication from HCTA to members.
- Provide ways for site representatives to uniformly share information and offer services so that all members are served equitably.
- Foster a greater HCTA presence in our community to build meaningful relationships with parents, community leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Promote consistent, meaningful contact between elected officials and our members who will advocate for quality public schools.
- Expand HCTA’s professional development opportunities for members.
- Classroom Science Teacher – 20 years
- 2016-17 Teacher of the Year, Riverview High School
- Union Member since 1998
- Executive Board Member – Hillsborough Classroom Teachers Association
- Riverview High School’s Senior HCTA Representative since in 2015
- Increased membership from 36% to 58%
Education and Professional Development:
- M.A. – Science Education
- B.S. – Secondary Education (Biology and Chemistry)
- National Education Association (NEA) Leadership Summit
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT) TEACH conference
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) annual conference
- National Association of Year-Round Education (NAYRE) annual conference
- SELF (Social Emotional Learning Fundamentals) assessment
- Ruby Payne’s Understanding Poverty Workshop
- National Writing Project
- Diversity Training: The Impact of Self-Efficacy
Engagement and Volunteerism:
- Lead planner and organizer of grade-in 2017
- Planned and organized the first day of school “Clap In” at Potter Elementary
- Represented HCTA in Tallahassee during the Spring 2017 Legislative session
- Organized HCTA volunteers to promote and work Florida House of Representatives Minority Leader Janet Cruz’s Job Fair
- Planned and organized “Paint and Unwined” HCTA social event
- Assisted in the creation, planning, and presenting of ‘Hit the Ground Running” site representative training
- HCTA Delegate to Florida Education Association Delegate Assembly
- HCTA Delegate to National Education Association Representative Assembly
- Science Department Chair (2005 – 2011)
- Assistant Varsity Flag Football Coach (2013-2014)
- Member of Instructional Leadership Team (2012-2015)
- Junior Steering Advisor (2012-2015)